09-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #16
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I was really annoyed when I got the X3 originally, and spec'd everywhere that I expected to need, and was even told by the dealer that everything I selected gave me the full package, I mean when you select the top end NAV system that says option this, that etc, that you are getting exactly that, but as it turned out because I didn't select the stupid cheap option for apps they don't work.

However the number of times I've used the remote lock having walked away and then wondering if I locked the car is a godsend.

I would rather BMW focused more on providing better options on the car you already have, such as a media interface that is designed by someone who actually listens to music, the way it files things and you find them is short of dreadful (but better than it used to be) and the internet with the Edge connection is as useful as a damp loaf of bread (Maybe they do that to make you go for the apps so you can use the 3/4G connection on your phone?!)

While BMW prides itself in making all options selectable thus making for a highly personal configuration, the UK configuration site is exceptionally poor in providing descriptions for those options on the configurator (you're sometimes lucky if it even has anything) and even some dealers don't quite understand what they are.
Appreciate 0