View Single Post
      03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
BookemDano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mech View Post
Where did you sales rep get that info on the seats? I just got off the phone with mine and he confirmed that only M-sport has sport seats. I would totally order x-line if I can get the seats, but I can't get any firm answer either way.
The sales rep talked to his ordering manager.

The x-line is very poorly documented in general and the promo literature says nothing about the seats. According to the ordering guide, all you get is 19" wheels and tires, and some interior trim. Nothing about exterior trim or seats. I don't really want the 19" wheels, but I'll take them if necessary. Based on what's in the ordering guide, the xLine package is NOT worth $1,500. If the sport seats and exterior trim shown in the pics are included, then the xLine pkg is well worth the money (IMO).

Regardless of what the ordering guide says, if you look at interior pics of an x-line X3, you can clearly see that those are NOT the same seats as the base model. OTOH, it's not 100% clear that the x-line seats and the M-Sport seats are EXACTLY the same.

As another "interesting" example, ZDH "Dynamic Handling Package" has a lower price when combined with the "ZMP". Great! Except of course, there is no "ZMP" package listed.

Right now, I'm pondering two options:

1) Wait until the new x-line X3's hit the dealer lots so I can check them out thoroughly, or

2) Order one with an addendum attached to the contract stating that the x-line seats are EXACTLY the same as the M-Sport seats, and if not, the order is void and all monies paid to dealer for the order will be refunded.

Given that BMW and the dealers can't seem to have their act together, option 1 seem like the more prudent one. Their ordering documentation is poor and I had to push the sales rep just to get him to check it out. Not fun.

While I like the X3, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the BMW company.

Regards,

Dan.
Appreciate 0