View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
litt
Private
Rep
Drives: Raptor, Macan S, M5C

Just some opposite perspective here. It seems a lot of people have given the OP some good advice, none of which appears to be followed.

It's hard to judge that the dealership is a total idiot since there has to be two sides to this story but who knows on this one. The reality is though that we are hearing one side of the story only. I don't know how the OP approached the dealership, but if this thread is any indication then I probably wouldn't be too inclined to help him much.

The cost of a car does not dictate that a component in the car will fail less. In fact, the opposite is usually true. The more "stuff" a car has in it, the more likely it is to have something go wrong. This is especially true in new cars due to premature components that fail that have not been put through the paces yet. Typically with electronics you will see failures occur in the first few months of operation and if they survive that then they usually will go for the long haul. Unfortunately the factory can't catch these types of failures and the new owner usually finds them. They are, however, fairly common with varying degrees of disturbance to the driver. Unfortunately it seems the OP has been hit with one that renders the car inoperative. That, in my opinion, is the crappy part.

I know lemon laws vary by state but it is typical that a car must experience 2-3 major issues before being declared a lemon. I would be surprised if a battery draining (if this is the true issue) is classified as a major issue. I know this can be subjective though.

Best of luck to you June, I hope you can get the issue worked out and enjoy the BMW.
Appreciate 0