Thread: UK bluetooth
View Single Post
      02-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #8
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Does anyone know what the Voice Control option adds on top of basic Bluetooth (so I'm talking about an X3 without one of the media packages)? I'm expecting it to be able to recognise phone favourite names but I suspect it also controls some iDrive functions. Does it include text to speech for email etc?

e.g. will I be able to access email on my Blackberry via iDrive? There is mention of several phones being connected - does this mean I could be accessing media on my iPhone at the same time? (I have both - the Blackberry for email, calendar etc and the iPhone for voice etc)

In a snap decision I ordered the voice control + bluetooth + USB option on the basis that the standard bluetooth integration may be too simple for true handsfree operation and that given the doubling in cost it probably was an order of magnitude better but I've actually got no idea whatsoever what I've actually ordered (and yeah, I'm the same guy that was grumbling about £90 for the sport steering wheel ). The prices I was getting were too good to be true so I just threw a few extra options on to get to the cost previously agreed with Mrs Tuff
Appreciate 0