View Single Post
      06-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #59
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 Z4 630iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509trooper View Post
1. Pearl Harbor was bombed on December 7th 1941. (not 1942)
2. The US declared war on Japan on December 8th
3. Germany and Italy declared war on the US first, on December 11th (not the way around)

Pearl Harbor in and of itself was not an "excuse" to go to war with Germany. Germany declaring war on the US was.

It seems to me this thread is really about bashing America. If that is the case I suggest there are more apprropriate places to do that. These forums are for people to share their enthusiasm and love for their BMW. There is no reason this can't be done with out personal attacks or attacks on a particular group or nationality.

If you truly believe American products are so inferior, try living without any product that was invented, designed or produced in America for a month. You'd be shocked at what you had to live without. We're quite adept at many things other than burgers.

I hope you can find a way of enjoying the forums without the attacks.
Thanks, my mistake
Not bashing, one thing leads to another.. Pearl Harbor date was wrong and an type error, war declaration on Japan was also on Germany due to the Tripartite Agreement signed on 27 September 1940, Germany was obliged to join with Italy to defend its ally Japan.Adolf Hitler made his announcement at the Reichstag in Berlin saying he had tried to avoid direct conflict with the US. So technically war on Japan was war on Germany.

You must not forget that many million american citizens have german descent.. So the war issue was tricky..

The big question here is why you drive german cars with your attitude against germans..

I only complaint over bad finish on the welding seams... The car is great otherwise

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 06-19-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0