03-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #1381
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post

Anything!
I will have the same external configuration as you (CB with aluminium trim), but mine will be a 2.0D (so black grill - although I could change the grill...). I think that CB is one of those colours that is very difficult to photograph... so I appreciate any photographs

ANy more updates on your owner experience also welcome

Thanks.
QT
Hi QT
I managed to clean the car up this morning and have posted a few photos on the photo/video section of this site. It is strange how the car appears black most of the time but is very noticeably blue when the sun hits it. I like...

One thing I noticed this morning is how sensitive the comfort access is. I am assuming it is using a capacitive touch sensor in the door. Every time I turned my hose pipe on the area of the door handle, it would unlock the car as if it sensed my hand there. Weird.

I'm still loving the car. I like how easy it is to clean - especially the wheels. It is easy to get a brush through the spokes to clean the inside of the wheel rims too.

The comfort access is (IMHO) the "mutt's taters". I tried getting into another car the other day and nearly pulled the handle off the door by mistake

I made my first use of the BMW assist service yesterday when I was trying to find a pharmacy that actually opens on a Saturday. I caused some confusion at first when the car put me through to the emergency call centre. I assured them that this wasn't an emergency and we confirmed that I had selected the right option from iDrive so there was much scratching of heads all round.
I tried again and got through to the right place this time. They were really helpful and found one for me and sent it to my car so I could find my way there. The pharmacy didn't exist in the end but they were at the mercy of what they were being told by the interweb.

I'm interested to find out if I can get the tail lights to come on as daytime running lights too (I did this on my Audi) so that I can run with those luverly angel eyes on for longer. The headlights come on a bit too early for my liking but this is not a big problem.

Despite all the bells, whistles and options that I put on the car, I just seem to enjoy driving the thing. The car is not a real head turner (which is fine by me) but I just love the ride and how relaxing things are. I still keep inventing journeys to nowhere just to see how far away it is.

Cheers for now
Plob
Appreciate 0