Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
I really love this car...

I ordered and received my X3 35i about two months ago. Alpine white with the red chestnut leather and the lighter, siena wood. I am at 1100 miles so just shy of the breakin period being done.

Most options except for heads up display. Tech, Conv, Sport, Apps, Upgraded Stereo, etc...

I had driven a 2001 VW Passat for a decade before getting this car.

Things I really like:

1. Flicking the gearshift knob to the left (USA) and how the car downshifts one gear so it puts you right in that sweetspot to pass someone, accelerate smoothly, etc... It's great to race around town flicking the gearshift knob and having some fun. But as soon as someone is in front of you, you can pop it into Drive and sort of take it easy.

2. The Windows. I know this sounds funny, but with summer time, I really like how if you open the two front windows only you get LOTS of airflow throughout the car, but if you crack the rear two windows, you get a little LESS airflow depending on what you want. Try it. Very cool. Maybe like every other car but it seems to really work in the X3.

3. Siriuis reception. Very solid. no drop outs.

4. Cruise control like everyone has mentioned. So very cool.

5. Sunroof is huge. many (too many?) options for open, 1/2 open, shade open, etc...

6. perfect size for bikes, luggage, your dog, 2 kids in the back, etc...such a perfect size.

7. top down view is just awesome for parking and making sure you dont get curb rash. pararell parking is just awesome.

i know there are other things - like the engine itself - just sublime - that i am forgetting but anyway, im pretty happy.

sorry if these are repeats, just had some free time and some good drives recently.
Appreciate 0