View Single Post
      01-09-2017, 06:44 AM   #1
micromyth
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 20d M Sport Auto Alpine Whi

BMW Connected Drive - Worth renewing?

I have just taken ownership of a 61 plate (2012) X3. I had the car for the past 6 months on lease as a company car and decided to purchase as my company is only offering an allowance going forward. I kept it as the spec had pretty much everything.

x3 F25 20D mSport xDrive Auto with Professional Nav, Head up Display, Heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, keyless drive and remote boot opening and all round reversing cameras. No DAB radio. Alpine white. Not sure how much of that was standard or options at the time

The Connected Drive would need to be re-registered and the yearly renewal. I did have this on a 3 series Sport Plus on a 60 plate (2011) and liked the google send to car feature, although with 2 smartphones (work and personal) that is less of a wow feature than it was 5 years ago.

So the crux of the matter.

Is there any particular benefit in renewing/re-registering connected drive and would any apps work with my phones. We are an Android house with HTC One (M7), Samsung Note 3 and Galaxy S5. I have already seen SMS and email don't work on the display.

Would an upgrade to DAB be worthwhile? I did see a youtube video where someone instead overlaid an Android touchscreen onto an E60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFnTaZdED8&t=8s

Thoughts, comments and suggestions please?
Appreciate 0