12-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #2070
mstevens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M4Misano Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
What do you mean VIM and NGHB is defeating you?
For VIM, I've looked at every code that seems applicable, they all seem to be set correctly, yet I get the lock-out screen in motion. The same applies to owner manual in motion (which is important to me - video is not) and side and rear cameras in motion (which probably aren't very useful in the real world).

For NGHB, I've VO-coded the car and tried both manually coding the werte that have been reported as being necessary and doing so using cheat codes in Launcher. I've shut down the car then gone back and confirmed that the FA is updated and that the ECU's show the new coding, but I see no effect at all in terms of actual headlight function. One thing of which I'm uncertain is what I'm actually supposed to be doing with the headlight controls - am I supposed to have High Beam Assistant on or off? Is the stalk supposed to be clicked forward to the high beam position or not?

Apart from those, I've given up on closing the tailgate with the key or with Comfort Access. Nothing I tried worked and I lost my kick-to-open function. When I coded things back to default I got kick-to-open back. Our new X3 has a blanking piece where the old one had a tailgate button, so I suppose this may no longer work at all for some reason.

I have the ability to edit menu options to display Office functions (Calendar, Emails, Texts), but those do not display and I can't find any Office stuff anywhere. I'm pretty sure that if it's a feature in US we're supposed to have it, but who knows? Thus I can't tell if office in motion works!

A number of other things work great: mirror folding and unfolding, eliminating legal disclaimers, window roll-down continuing after door opening, turning off electronics when the driver door is opened, fog lights with high beams, automatic high beam assistant, and a few other little niceties.

I'm eager to test REGENSCHLIESSEN. I haven't been able to test road edge detection without a fog line. I might play around with LIM.
2004 E85 Z4 3.0 Sport - Sold to brother | 2004 E83 X3 xDrive3.0i - Gone | 2011 E89 Z4 35is - Gone | 2011 F25 X3 xDrive35i - Gone | 2014 E89 Z4 E89 35is - Gone | 2014 F25 X3 xDrive 30i X3 - Gone | 2017 F83 M4 Cabriolet - Gone | 2017 F25 X3 xDrive30i - Gone
2020 G29 Z4 M40i Misanoblau | 2020 G01 M40i Phytonicblau
Casa Suzana, vacation rental villa in Cozumel, Mexico
Appreciate 0