View Single Post
      10-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Congratulations. We ordered my wife her X3 this past Friday. Got the production # on Saturday and was told it'll go into production "soon".
We were told 6-8 weeks to get the car initially before we signed. After we signed, that changed to 10 to 12 weeks. But the next day, the dealer emailed us a confirmed order with status 112 and told us he found an open production slot he could modify and so to expect the vehicle "earlier" than the 10 to 12 weeks.

I'm hoping it's closer to 6 weeks because we have found a buyer for our old car and he is anxious to get it but we can't sell it to him till we get the new car.

You can login to bmwusa.com and track the status, or call 800-831-1117 with your production # or VIN and track status, although I don't know how accurate those systems are.

The last BMW I ordered was back in 1998 and there was no online tracking system at that time. the sales lady had to call me weekly to keep me updated on the status. It took 3 months but it was coming from Germany. This time, it's being built in South Carolina so hopefully it won't take as long since it doesn't have to cross the ocean.
Appreciate 0