02-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
I test drove an X3 35 a few days ago and wanted to ask current owners a question:

I took off my seat belt and parked for a few minutes with the car running at a parking lot to check out all the goodies like the stereo, heated steering wheel, etc...

The seat belt chime came on - again the car was parked and running and my seat belt was off - and kept on going.

There are many times I am in the car waiting for kids, etc... and just wanted to know if this is something you can set up (i.e. turn off!!) in the idrive.

Thanks in advance
Sorry, don't believe that there is any iDrive option to turn off the seat belt chime.
Did you have the actual parking brake on (not just the transmission park button)?
I haven't timed it, but I know I've disconnected the seat belt while sitting in the running car and have not heard the chime.

What I'm finding much more irritating is that if you try to engage reverse without first pressing the gear lever interlock button, in addition to the chime, the LCD screen displays a warning message reminding you to "press the [expletive deleted] button stupid”. The really irritating part is the display stays on for about 10 seconds after you’ve pressed the *#$#@ button and during that time it prevents the screen from displaying the rear view camera. If you need the camera you have to wait for what seems an eternity.
Appreciate 0