sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingOne View Post
SFAX- Question?

Who did you deal with a Cooper Reading, Matt or Simon or ??? regarding status updates on your X3 order, just want to get ready to start pushing for updates in the next few months? Or did reception give you the updates?
Ross is my contact. I'm a technophile and would like to be able to check the status of my order online. This isn't possible so you are left with calling the dealer for updates, who in turn checks an archaic DOS system to look up your order.

The main status updates appear on the DOS system promptly but you get huge gaps in between. For example when the car is at status "departed plant", you have a 6 week wait for the next status update.

I find the whole process very opaque and the dealer very slow to return calls and emails. Perhaps this is just my elevated expectation. I ordered a custom build laptop recently from Sony, got an expected date range for delivery immediately, and could then follow the process online and got email updates when it was dispatched etc. Would it be that difficult to setup for ordering a car? I don't think so. After all, I could track my X3 across the Atlantic independently of the dealer for weeks and during this time on the dealer's system it was still showing as "departed plant". i.e. I knew more than the dealer did.

My advice is to ignore the status "updates", get your build date, find out if it did actually go into production on the week specified, and then add 6 weeks to this date to get your delivery date.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0