View Single Post
      10-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #10
Barnesy
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35d M Sport

I have just bought a new X3 35D M Sport.

As part of my decision process I tested an F-Pace 3.0 Diesel. It was a beautiful car from the outside and felt really quick, but I didn't find the interior particularly luxurious, certainly no better than the X3 I ended up purchasing.

I went with the X3 because it was slightly smaller, much less expensive and just felt a much more nimble car all round. (Oh, and my wife preferred the X3 which was a big factor)

Another factor was customer service. I have previously had a Jag saloon and was coming out of a Land Rover Discovery and the local BMW dealer just felt more helpful and appreciative of the business (immediate followup after the first visit including a video of the actual car I was interested in - it was in stock and unregistered)

I also tested the Macan Diesel S. I expected to love it but actually it felt a bit under powered, it did not put a smile on my face like the X3 (and again more expensive and a long wait).

Lastly I tested a GLC AMG 43 (yes, petrol so not a true comparison). The speed and noise were amazing but I can't stand that stick-on iPad looking thing, there seemed to be less knee room in the driver's footwell, and I couldn't see me living with it.

So mine is Black Sapphire, Media Professional Plus, M Sport Plus, Speed limit display, Mocha Leather, Reversing Camera...
Appreciate 2