View Single Post
      09-06-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
Dukat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

People have said it's not possible to program the car to always stay in Sports or Sports+ mode after you shut down.

Is it possible to stay in default mode but adjust the suspension as desired and have that setting remain on all the time?

I got this from another post. Great description of features, although it doesn't answer my question.
----------------------------------------

Sports Activity Package with Dynamic Handling Package

If you get the SAP and the DHP together, you not only get aforementioned Dynamic Drive Control, but you also get Variable Sport Steering, which variably adjusts the steering ratio depending upon your speed (something I don't love but hey, it works damn near perfect). But wait, there's more! You also get the option to control the accuracy and responsiveness of your steering, brakes, and suspension in addition to the Performance Control engine settings. And you can decide whether you want Sport to change drivetrain settings, chassis settings, or both via iDrive. The names for this vary globally: Dynamic Damper Control, Variable Damper Control, Dynamic Chassis Control, Variable Chassis Control, Adaptive Damper Control, etc. Stay in Normal and your suspension will be characteristic of a very stiff, nimble Lexus. Ordering the DHP allows you to delete the sport suspension via the Normal mode. That's not a bad thing if the ground is insufferably rough. If you selected that Sport should change both chassis and drivetrain: the drivetrain settings will be the same as described above with the SAP but no DHP. But your chassis settings: your suspension stiffens and the car becomes more nimble almost like a 3-series wagon, the steering tightens for increased responsiveness, and your brakes stiffen but become more responsive as well. Going into Sport+ also offers the same drivetrain settings as described above, but you do not have the option to alter the Sport+ dynamic settings.
Appreciate 0