07-29-2015, 07:29 AM   #9
cesaroctavio_80
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 3 Series F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
Looks like you are going to have figure this one out. If it were me doing it, this is what I would do.

Expose both woofers under the seats and pull the connectors for each one. Take note of the relative position of each wire in the connector. I assume that BMW uses the same woofer in each position. Since the connectors can only go in one way, the wire position in the connector will be the same polarity for each woofer. You do not know what the polarity is, + or -. Polarity is important for "phasing". You want the subwoofer pushing out at the same time as the other speakers are pushing out. If your polarity is reverse, the subwoofer will be out of phase. If your amp is summing the signal then outputting to a single voice cone, hookup the same relative positioned wires to one polarity on your LOC, one per channel and the other wires to the other polarity. Play your music. Listen and then reverse the polarity input on the LOC or if your amp has a phase switch, switch it. Listen again. Which position of polarity is the loudest? That is probably your in-phase position.
Totally agree thats the way to follow tks a lot! I'll let you know the results
have a nice day
Appreciate 0