01-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Awesome!
How were you able to set up your own route and then send it to the nav? Is this only a feature available on the updated nav systems?
My car is pre-LCI with the Professional Nav- I'm not sure if it works on the smaller screen business nav.
In the UK goto- https://www.bmw-routes.com/uk/en/index.jsp
Login using your BMW connected drive user name and password.
You can setup your own routes (it's a bit fiddly) and save them, and then send to car. You can even include a small jpg picture.
On the X3 you have to pull (import) the route from the site, this is unlike the Google 'Send To Car' feature which pushes the destination to the car (and you get the envelope symbol)
From memory- with the map displayed on the X3- click the idrive controller left (brings up the nav icons on the Left hand side), click the idrive controller left again. Then from the menu there's an option for route or my routes or import (can't remember). Then you can import the route to the car.

The route works like waypoints, you have to drive through a waypoint to get it to automatically go to the next point. I you drive around a waypoint you can manually select the next point to go to. I found it very handy to avoid some short sections of toll road.
Appreciate 0