06-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #31
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaderman View Post
I have rather unique cargo necessities, since I am a technical diver and need to be able to transport a lot of gear to and from dive sites (where it's wet on the way back). My approach was to get the cargo cover to protect against water, and to build a much more solid platform on top of it to protect the cargo area from the abuses of loading and unloading dive gear. I find the bumper cover is very practical since things can scrape past the bumper when moving gear in and out (see pictures below).

So far I've been happy with the cargo liner as a protector.

Cool, thanks for posting, I just picked up the cargo liner today. I too have unique cargo necessities. The reason I got an X3 was to have something somewhat sporty and nice to drive, but also a car I could haul all my stuff. My last car got shredded from hauling equipment around. I'm gonna be much more careful now with liners, cases etc... love this car too much to trash it.

I leave this friday morning on a small trip for several days that will get my car past the break in for sure, this will be the first time I fully load up the X3... will post pics of the fully loaded cargo space if I get a chance.
Appreciate 0