Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodion View Post
You know that Pirellis are from China?

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1037961
I do now, thanks Rodion.
Previously, I liked the NOK's so much that I had 3 sets.
Actually the WRA3 for Europe are rated Winter and on the Nokiantyres web site it says not to be used in summer. The WRA3 is not on the North American website Nokiantires. The NOK rep says the wra3 can be used year round despite the same rubber compound. However the WRG3 is a different compound that Europe, and is year round use in NAmerica. Another words since WRa3 is not listed on the NA website, it is not popular, hard to get and they cannot verify the DOT before I order. The Hakka R2's are also special order from the US.

I didn't want to pay premium price for 2 to 3 yr old rubber. Also, if I need a spare it takes probably 2 weeks from the Vermont warehouse. Pirelli being OEM is readily available locally from many sources including dealer.

Now for my X5 the 19's RFT are stocked in Canada and for that I will pick Hakka R2 SUV over Pirelli, Scorpions. Apparently the sole importer of NOK in Canada says they sell a lot of 19 Hakka SUV R2, mostly non-run flat. Too bad that I feel that it is so many layers of difficulty in getting 18" NOK, it is simply not popular.
Appreciate 0