View Single Post
      09-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #75
MargoRagan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

My 2011 X3 is having Battery discharge issue

I have a 2011 X3 which I drive 7 days a week. I drive 30 min or more each way to and from work 5 days a week so there is no having the car sit for long periods of time not being driven. I also drove it for nearly 4 hours 3 days before the issue first presented itself last week. I don't plug anything into the car except my phone occasionally and it always comes with me when I leave the car. I also ALWAYS lock my car when exiting so there is no issue with it not going "to sleep" because it wasn't locked and alarmed. No rain or other weather to speak of as well. Fairfax BMW tried telling me "I don't drive the car enough" which I know is crap and from what I have been seeing here, it appears to be a recurring issue with the X3 through various model years. Is it possible the battery regulator is bad? Or is there another issue causing this that BMW is hiding? I want to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible since it's going to be getting cold soon and last thing I want to do is be stranded somewhere during the winter...
Appreciate 0