View Single Post
      10-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #14
Northandy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
Having owned my current X3 for 4 years, I've been thinking about changing it for a while. The original plan was to wait for the next model, but it looks like that's not going to be available for a while, so I started to look at the deals available for the existing version.

It seems in the UK that things are much more competitive now, so dealers are keen to negotiate to get a deal. After many phone calls to see what was on offer, I've placed an order to replace my current 20d M Sport manual in Sapphire Black with a 30d M Sport Auto with the following spec:

Space Grey with Oyster Leather
Anthracite Wood Trim
Interior Comfort Pack (electric seats, extended storage, sun protection glass)
M Sport Plus Pack (xenons, 20" wheels, harman kardon)
Visibility Pack (adaptive headlights, high beam assist)
Media Pack - Professional Plus (professional media, head up display)
Online Entertainment
Folding Mirrors
Panoramic Sunroof
Lumbar Support
Heated Steering Wheel
Apple Carplay
Comfort Access
Variable Dampers
Speed Limit Display
Reversing Camera

Went a bit mad on the spec, but I'd rather get it right now than worry about adding things in the future, which is often prohibitively expensive.

It'll be my first automatic and I'm really looking forward to it. Have always been a massive fan of manuals, but with the combination of getting older and traffic congestion, it just makes sense. Plus I've always got the M4 in the garage when I want to use three pedals.

Probably going to be December before it'll be ready, but since I've got my current X3 to use until then, I won't be slumming it.

You always worry that you've made the right choice (space grey vs sapphire black?) but I'm pretty sure it will be superb. Roll on December.
Very good spec, similar to mine I have space grey and oyster.

The 3.0d with the auto is just perfect, my first auto and for a daily I'd not go back.
Appreciate 0