View Single Post
      08-05-2015, 05:20 PM   #24
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Apologies for the delay in sharing the acceleration data as discussed above, but I ran into some difficulties with running the other Mnfr's entries in the construct. Whereas the equations seem to capture the recognized 0-60 mph, 1/4 mile, and top speed figures very well for BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Porsche, the other Mnfrs' offerings did not match what the model indicated they should be hitting.

That can be from a number of variables this model can't pick up, so rather than trying to change multiple parameters of the equations for those Mnfrs, I have opted to simply diminish the 'rated HP' for for those examples to get them in line with their published numbers. I have tried to validate those publicized numbers by cross-referencing across at least four different sources, but as those may actually be collating data from each other, this is far from an exact science.

As this has taken a lot of time to even run the data I have not yet graphed the results, but will as time allows. And interesting that BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Porsche are spot on with the modelling - it would seem to suggest that they are each at the top of their game with regards to maximizing 'engine efficiency'. And by that I mean, the same variable (79.2% of rated SAE HP) has been reached by each of them.

Is that the thermodynamic limit as to what can be reached? Perhaps. This is becoming more interesting...
Appreciate 1