View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #29
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

just don't get me wrong, I hate criminals and I understand that sometimes emotions take over, and that foreign criminals make it to the press more often - criminals are criminals everythere and if you or your neighbour suffer from them it does not really matter where they are comming from - it is just bad. All societies have their own share of bad population, but my point is that it is more to do with general economic situation than a race or ethnic group.

Eventhough I work and live now in Belgium, I was born in Soviet Union - there were few criminals at those times. What has changed in the meantime is economic situation and general frustration with transition period - it was not easy. I am myself lithuanian and my parrents tell me that during 'their time' nobody used locks in villages - people trusted each other and it was simply 'not good to steal', etc. Most people did not change and are like that (though they use locks now), but there is a group of stupid and bad people who try to take advantage or weaker people by stealing etc?
Appreciate 0