03-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #38
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
Understand you point about VDC stax as you are happy with the ride but not your VSS point (which I have ordered). Why would you not want VSS, especially when parking or on motorway? Saves £380 I guess (or £200 if you keep the servotronic).
My rationale is that servotronic on its own does enough for me and if I had VSS I wouldn't use it much, or perhaps I would always have to set it to Sport when I got in.

Re. parking this is covered by servotronic. Easier to turn the wheel at low speeds to park. Re. motorway, not sure, just seems natural and I like it. At least with VSS you have the option to change the feel whereas with just servotronic you get what you're given - but I like what I've been given so far.

Also VSS includes servotronic so it has all of this and more - I think! Question is does VSS Normal mode = Servo + Dynamic package or does VSS Sport mode = servo + dyn. I have no idea I'm afraid.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0