04-11-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
I suggest you do your own research regarding interiors, and not rely on "opinions" on the internet.

That said, most Japanese interiors will be "plusher" than German interiors. If it's plush you want, buy the Lexus.
+1

My father was an early Lexus owner. Loved the car, it performed well, was reliable, and lasted a long time. Looking to replace the Lexus (many years later) he found the current similar model quite a bit more expensive and looked for an alternative. He encountered my 3 series and was impressed with the handling and performance. After buying, he realized he didn't enjoy the more spartan "driver focus" of the cockpit, handling, suspension, etc. All things I loved, but he missed the plusher, gadgety, and softer ride of the Lexus. Dunno what he would have thought if he'd bought a 7 series, but for him the difference was great with the 3.

We still talk, I can accept his Lexus path without judgement . . . most of the time. Parents. Sometimes they just don't grow up the way you expect . . .