03-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #28
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
I drove a X3 30d with standard suspension. The engine was great and it felt just a quick as my X5 40d. The standard suspension was good but after the X5 I wanted the adjustable to make the car better in all conditions. I have been well impressed with the VDC so far. Its great in comfort on our poor roads and handles brilliantly when in sport mode. Roll is significantly reduced. The 35d engine is a peach. It's got to be one of the best diesel engines available.

On a good run taking it easy I can get 41mpg. The X5 would struggle to get 30.

On your options remember you will lose the cubby hole under the steering wheel from the extended storage pack because you have speed limit info.
Great, thanks for the info. I wondered if there was noticable difference in the 30d and 35d engines in say for example low down torque etc. Very much looking forward to VDC.

Ha - thanks for letting me know about the cubby hole. I wasn't aware that there was a cubby hole to begin with, so i'll cope - but thanks for the heads up!
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0