View Single Post
      03-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
We have the HUD on the new X3 and like it.

Is it necessary? Nope. Is it nice? Yep.

If there are budget trade-offs to make, I'd certainly get nav and the reversing cameras before I'd get HUD. On the other hand, I'd get HUD before a fancier stereo or different wheels.
Hmmm, see this is the last option I am debating on. basically getting everything except this and DHP so far. To me the premium stereo was one of the first options I added, $875 is nothing for the sound quality jump, although I guess if you don't listen to music and prefer talk radio on your drives there is no point in it, same goes with the wheels, some like the look of the 19" while others feel its a waste since you don't see the outside of your car while driving, so they would rather get the HUD.

I already have my car priced at $55,090. I would like to save $2,600 and not get those last two options as there is nothing else I really want to cut. Also the fact that I am buying a $41K base price car for $55K cant' be good for resale in the future, you get killed on options down the road. Something like HUD you pay for 100% because at trade in time KBB and NADA don't add anything for that option.
Appreciate 0