View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
denrusso
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 xDrive28i

BMW Convenience Plan - Concierge

I've had my X3 for a few weeks now and after playing around with a few of the features on the Connected Drive section under iDrive it quickly became apparent that most of the feature required a subscription to the BMW Convenience Plan at an annual cost of $199.

The biggest feature that I wanted to take advantage of was the Concierge. I used to have an Amex Platinum card which also came with a concierge service. I assumed I would be getting the same or, at least, a similar level of service. Unfortunately, after making my first call, it quickly became apparent that I would not. My first request was to make a hotel reservation on my behalf. The best they could do was give me the hotel's phone number. My second request was for some research about a (different) hotel I was staying at (already had reservation). Again, the best they could do was provide me with the phone number. I wanted to ask them about making a reservation at a restaurant, but just assumed I would be given the same story (sorry, phone number only). When I had my Amex, I called and asked them to make a reservation at Babbo in NYC for the first available Friday. They called me back in a few weeks with a date and time. Simple. What BMW is offering is not what a concierge service does and calling this as such is very misleading.

Looking over past reviews about this service it seems that it may have changed? Some review I read from a few years ago describe an experience where the user called the concierge was able to help with most requests.

Has anyone else experienced this limited level of service? Are you happy with it? What do you use it for?

Thanks!
dr
Appreciate 0