Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      03-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #247
Wig and Gown
Rep
Drives: Current: VW Golf, Ordering: X3

About to order

I am about to order an X3 and came across this site whilst doing some research. It seems that there is a bulletin board on the web for just about everything these days, of varying quality. This one seems rather good!

I wonder if any of you could help with a few questions that I have:

1. What sort of discounts have people been able to get? (Note, I appreciate people will be reluctant to give me exact details and so I'm not asking for specifics, but more general guidance). I almost ordered in December but couldn't for a variety of reasons. At the time, my local dealer virtually matched the price quoted by the internet broker, Broadspeed. Now Broadspeed state that they are 'out of stock' and so the dealer will no longer offer the same deal. I rang another local dealer who trotted out the same line that the popularity of the X3 meant they simply weren't offering any sort of discount. I know that I will get further in person, but an indication of other people's success would be a useful yardstick.

If it helps, I am now looking a the xd 2.0 M Sport Auto with options that bring the list price up to about £41k

2. I'm being quoted a delivery date of mid October if I order this week. Does that accord with other people's experiences?

3. The dealer wants a £1000 deposit but won't agree that should delivery date slip back by more than 1 month, I can have my deposit back and walk away. Am I being a little too tough there? The reality is that I am not going to walk away, but I wanted to test their delivery estimate.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0