View Single Post
      11-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
June
Rep
Drives: 2012 x3 28i

Having your iPod plugged into the center console had nothing to do with the battery discharging. Both the 12V. accessory socket and the 5V. USB power on the USB port are turned off (after a 5 to 15 minute delay) to prevent discharge after the vehicle is parked with the engine off.[/QUOTE]

Hi Lotus7!
Just heard from our BMW SERVICE CENTER and they are letting us pay the diagnostic of $209 for our misuse of the car....(that's crazy)..They said we left the ipod on the car that is why the battery drained. Again They said the cause of the the battery drained was the ipod plugged into our car .... Is BMW built this way? I think it is a stupid idea if it was built that way, it is a big problem and not really safe, what if you just forgot to unplugged the ipod in the car, that means the next day you are stuck coz your car will not start? THAT IS RIDICULOUS.... Is this found in the manual? I can't find a warning that you can't leave you ipod or else your car will get discharge...Is the dealership wrong about their diagnostic? I really don't trust their findings anymore, it's just unbelievable...I'll not drive that car until they'll figure out what really is the problem of that new X3...I think the car I got is defective.....Please give me advice on what to do???
Appreciate 0