View Single Post
      02-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
Sorry, but my first thought would be : if I don't have the cash , I don't buy it..... I would hate to drive a car that is owned by some f.... bank.
I wish you luck anyway with financing it and hope you will get your dreamcar.
I would never pay cash for a car these days, may be different in Europe mainland but paying cash is far from the cheapest way these days.

You can contract hire a new car far cheaper than buying one, BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc. throw serious amounts of money into contract hire deals, amounts they could never be shown to be giving as cash off.

My mate just contract hired a new E350cdi AMG Line estate, which comes with Comand Nav, internet, Dab radio, leather, 9 speed auto, pdc front and rear, heated front seats, led headlights, media interface and the AMG interior and exterior packet for £330 a month with 6 months deposit.

So £13,500 over 3 years doing 45k miles.

That is a £43,000 car which would be worth around 45% after 3 years and 45k miles, even with a 10% discount on new, that would still loose over £20,000 if you paid cash for it.

My father contract hired his 730d sport for £420 a month, that was a £55,000 car that would have lost around £1100 a month if you bought it cash.

It now seems the cash buyer is not the sensible buyer in a lot of markets.
Appreciate 0