03-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #66
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler_1 View Post
Very interesting. The files as you have helpfully shown are identical to mine except that I do not have any of the files that are dated " 9th August 2013" in any of my 3 downloads which suggests that you may have some later data.
Also I can see that your original downloads were in 4 files. Did these then end up as the 3 USB files?
My download was as usb1, usb2, and usb3.
Thank you for your help, I am wondering whether to download your files but they may not work with my FSC code!
Hi,

When I extracted the files they ended up in three folders, one for each USB stick. I'd be tempted to try your sticks again.
It turned out I had my sticks in my laptop bag so I've just had a play in my car with USB stick 1; with the ignition on (engine stopped) and the NAV showing the usual map display the update message eventually appeared after I inserted it in the glovebox port a couple of times - nothing happened the first time I inserted it even after 4 minutes though when I removed it and re-inserted it the message appeared after 10-15 seconds! It seems to be very hit-and-miss though don't be worried about removing / re-inserting it whilst the NAV is running.

I think the FSC code you have will work either way as it's 'tied' to your VIN number not specifically to any set of files downloaded or otherwise. I had my NAV updated by my dealer from v2012 to v2013-2 (using a warranty BMW (genuine!) FSC code) I subsequently updated to v2014-1 a day or two later without having to use the FSC code that I bought from our friends in Poland! I was never prompted for the FSC code during the update to v2014-1. I can only assume that the perpetual upgrade FSC code will allow future updates as you mentioned earlier.