Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e blue/cognac

Garage List
2011 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
1998 BMW 328ic  [0.00]
I was you (I know - terrible grammar) about 4 months ago:

I have three kids (6 years and two, 3 year old twins actually), and wanted to spend about $30,000 US on a 2008/2009 535xi wagon. wanted all the BMW good stuff and fly a little under radar.

I tried a used example and put simply, wasn't overly impressed. Yes, nice and powerful but not as much room as I thought and just it just didnt blow me away. I am sure the 2010 version will have the updated idrive but of course the newest version I have heard is much easier.

Then I drove the x3 28 and was floored. Then I drove the x3 35 and couldn't sleep at night.

Then i read this board all the time and made SURE I drove a 35i with the USA dynamic Handling Package and that is when I dipped into the savings and ordered the car of my dreams. Most options and the DHP and sport package as well.

What you get for the extra money is really two cars: one for you and twins and the dog as a comfy cruiser around town, to sports practice, etc...

and a race car when you are alone and you flick the SPORT setting and move the gearshift the left.

It is THAT much fun. I don't think the 535 wagon will be that much fun.

Im not sure how much more money the x3 is, but please do test drive them both back to back.

Curious what you think.
Appreciate 0