View Single Post
      04-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
skibuddy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Engine noise - Possible problem?

Hi,

I've recently noticed that my engine (2.0D M-Sport Auto) seems noisier at rest over the last month or so. I've nearly had the car for 3 months now and done about 2500 miles. Today I popped the bonnet with the engine running and noticed a pronounced vibration/shake on the engine, at least more than I would expect. It was also much noisier than my previous E83 model and I think noisier than when I picked the car up from new.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I was thinking maybe the timing is out as the engine sounds like the tappets are noisy (... Forgive my lack of knowledge if there is either no timing problem possible of the engine doesn't have tappets these days ;-) )

I'm going to take it to the dealer for them to have a look but interested in others views in case it's a problem that has been noticed by others.

Judging noise is subjective and I guess we get used to our cars and notice changes more easily. It may be me but it also feels like the car sounds more harsh when accelerating but that may just be me getting used to the automatic gearbox.

Thanks
Appreciate 0