02-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #33
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marla17 View Post
Has anyone that has ordered a new X3 been able to get much of a discount on the MSRP? The dealers in Denver have been pretty proud of their prices. The best deal that I received was going through the Costco auto buying program. Any hints would be appreciated!
We've been loyal customers at our local dealership for around 7 years now. When we traded our 5 series wagon back in a month ago (the gap in the lease has been filled by a rental), we talked to our dealer and he was nice enough to give us a bit of a discount. Our nearly loaded X3 came out at 54,500 (I think), and we got him down to about 51,150. If you want yourself a good deal, make sure they know, subtly, that you DO have other options. Mention other dealerships, or maybe other cars in the class in general; let them know you test drove the Audi Q5 or the Mercedes GLK (which you should do for the sake of making a deal) and mention for example that, "the Audi has that option for even less than the BMW...Why then, should there be any reason you cannot offer it to me for the same price, maybe less?" Make them want your business, because your attention is fleeting as is your patience for a new car. Do not let your dealer think that any price they give you is anything but an imposition.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0