12-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #43
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit6 View Post
I like the overall look you've achieved, but I agree with the poster who suggested you need to put bigger wheels on. The blacked out rims make the wheels look smaller than they really are... at least to me eye.
I would have thought so as well, but the blackened wheels actually seem to flow with the tires nicely to create large, all-black wheels where there would otherwise be contrasting white rims on thick, black tires that can dwarf the overall look of the car.

The absence of the X-line package (the roof rails, the chrome surrounds, and other silver/metallic-y bits) on the all black car enhance the look you're trying to go for, which is a practical but low-slung-looking urban crawler. With X-line, there's no question in my mind that the car needs bigger wheels.

This is not necessarily something I would do to my car. Often you'll see "murdered out" cars and actually catch yourself staring at them because of the obnoxious distastefulness, but this car is successful in its subtle execution. Well done. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0