View Single Post
      08-03-2012, 04:05 AM   #170
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

The dealer and BMW north UK had my car yesterday. They did some non-standard work on the mirrors and re-aligned the door trim plus rubber scraper on the inside of the front windows - they now are butted up to the window seal at the edge of the door. So now I don't need my pieces of foam. :-)

Noise levels are now where I would have expected them to be, road/RFT noise is now probably more obvious than anything else. The fixes have reduced the level of noise, it's now easy to talk and be understood at over 90mph, previously this was difficult at 70mph. Even more significant is the reduction in harshness - the auto industry talks about NVH, noise, vibration and harshness. The higher frequencies from passing traffic, wet roads and wind noise are now massively curtailed, resulting in reduced harshness.

Now, how do I fix the plasticy vibrational rattle in the upper centre part of the dash? It could the centre speaker rattle people have talked about.