View Single Post
      03-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Hey, I did mine as well now. I'm thinking of leaving the clear strips tinted for now, and see how it goes. I've got LED reverse lights at least, which are way brighter than stock, so the visibility is not compromised much when backing up.

Just wondering, I see you did your roof with vinyl black. I'm toying with doing it as well, as I'm guessing it will be a hell of a lot easier than the tails, which were a PITA with all the compound curves on the lenses. How was it?

Did you buy one giant piece of black vinyl also, and cut out the center for the sunroof? It seems like such a waste... But I don't see it any other way, unless I want a seam on the sides of the sunroof (with one big piece in front and one behind).
Hey, the roof on the X3 has not been wrapped, you must be looking at the stats of my last car (E90).

This is typically done with one giant piece of vinyl, and yes there is some waste. If you take your time with a heat gun its really not a big problem at all.