Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
F25 X3 or wait for F30?

I know that the "get E90 now or wait for F30" thread has been beaten to death, but this is a new spin and I need some real advice.

I currently drive a 2006 Nissan Xterra with about just under 90,000 km on the clock (56,000 miles). It's starting to give me some real headaches and I always told myself that i'd keep it so long as it runs and isn't going to be a pain in the a**. It's being a PITA.

So I come to you guys asking for advice. The E90 is out because I want to custom order my car and I wouldn't have enough time to do that with the E90. So that brings me to where I am now. Do I wait and custom order an F30 sedan, or do I order an F25 X3 now (well, in 2 months I'd order it).

I know that the two are totally different vehicles, and frankly I don't want to be in such a big car anymore. I got the Xterra when I was 17 and it was a PITA since day 1. It was basically the only thing on the market that I liked when I bought it. It is totally paid off and is mine, but I'm done with it. BMW is the only thing I'll buy. My mom suggested that I get a cheap piece car for the next 4 years (until I graduate) and get something new then, but it would cost me the same amount of money to do that. Also, my dad will only let me get a BMW, since he got his last year he absolutely loves them and won't get anything different.

I do prefer being in an SUV, but I LOVE driving his E92. Also, price of gas is a bit of a concern (but anything is better on gas than my Xterra). So I have a dilemma. I was very set on buying an F30 next fall when I could get one with xdrive, but this new set of developments has me rethinking that. Also, when I do graduate I'm going to get an M car (either M2 or M4) but would still keep whatever I buy as my DD.

HELP!!! I don't know what to do! What should I buy?
Appreciate 0