View Single Post
      06-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #32
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Mole, buddy you gotta relax, like you've said it's just a thread about car washing no need to get so worked up. I think you're taking this the wrong way, no one's flaming; all Zep said was that just because someone has an expensive car doesn't mean they take care of it and that most car washes aren't that good, both are true to some extent. For example I have a good friend who's family has a lot of nice cars and they don't take care of them very well. My friend drives a E60 M5, his mom a S500, dad a cayenne S turbo, a quattroporte, and a yukon denali if they didn't sell it yet. They garage the S500 and quattroporte but leave everything else outside where it rains 8-9 months out of the year, occasional hails even in mid spring & early fall, exposed to tree sap, bird crap, and other things. They're great people and I'm sure they do care about their cars but probably not as much as people who's budget is a little tighter and I think that's what Zep was getting at.

You can't go into a conversation or discussion with the preconceived notion that someone's trying to pick a fight with you. The sandpaper comment wasn't even directed at you or a response to quoting you, what he said was that no car wash is finish friendly and I guess that might be true since no matter how soft the material is the machine is still moving at a high rpm and using unknown chemicals, but your local car wash seems to be better or at least different.

I'm not sure if you're going to post back since you already said you won't, although you said the same thing 2 posts back before your WALL-OF-TEXT. This is a forum after all, people come here to post their beliefs, ideas, and experiences and sometimes this may clash with your own, try not to be so defensive all the time, if you can't then this might not be the place for you.
Appreciate 0