10-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #56
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubaron79 View Post
Drove my 335 xDrive coupe through the blizzard over presidents day in DC to see the Pens play the Caps. I passed a Subaru that was stuck at one point. The car was unstopable. All I had on were all season tires. xDrive is ridiculous.
So much for ridiculous. I also drove my 335i in that blizzard, didn't get stuck. I had on Bridgestone Winter Blizzark tires (BTW they are awesome. turns your RWD car to almost a AWD car). Next day I went out with my RAV4 4x4, and while having fun in the snow and forcing it to powerslide into a corner, lost control blew out the right front tire. That proves nothing as I can assure you a RAV4 on all-seasons is x10 superior to my 335i no matter the tires I have on. Not even Happakalika's would fill that gap.

All I am saying is bogus fixed test by BMW. Says, absolutely nothing. I personally believe x-drive superiority if any really exists in the real world, is marginal if anything. Enternaing video though.