08-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #33
midlifecrisis
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35d, 2019 230i X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMy335i View Post
1 Side sensors for PDC
2 the ability to permanently have things like sport mode and auto start/stop switched on and off rather than having a default setting after every start up
I agree with you on item 2. This is very annoying to me.

I'm still not used to the shift lever. Another fix to a problem that didn't exist, as far as I'm concerned. I fear that someday I'll go for the sport button or reach for something in the storage bin and hit the Park button accidently.

The only other thing I'm not 100% happy with is the Nav system. It's sometimes very slow to recalculate a new route when you don't want to go the way it suggests. This was particularly bad last weekend when I drove to Vermont. It acutually added about an hour to my trip because it wanted me to go to the next interstate exit and backtrack to its original route. It finally figured out I didn't want to go that way and remapped. Only then did the ETA revert back to the original time. It took about 20 minutes for the system to figure it out, though. My $250 Garmin does a much better job adapting to new routes. Most of the time the Nav is fine, but I expect better considering the cost.

Other than that, I'm exceptionally happy with my X3. I have 4500 miles on it, and it exceeds my expectations in every way but those mentioned above. It is a very smooth, comfortable highway cruiser and great on the twisty back roads, too!
2000 328i sedan (UUC suspension - still the favorite), 2006 M3 slick top - Alpine White/Cinnamon
SOLD! 2008 E90 M3 SOLD! 1991 325iX (both great), 2019 Miata RF - various others not as memorable but gone.
Appreciate 0