View Single Post
      07-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBR View Post
Iīm still 110% happy with them. In the beginning I was afraid of curbing them, but the tyre is protecting the edges just enough. After 1 year, still without scratches and dents.

The ride quality is so much better than the old 19" I had, and of course the 17" winter setup. You obviously need to love sporty setup. I have the variable damper control and when running in Normal, it feels quite comfortable. Just a tad stiffer than the old 19". Runs through humps quite ok. Gravel is no contest and is good fun.

In Sport mode the wheels are outstanding. The sound and contact with the road is very good and the ride is huge fun. Cornering is sweet with very good grip even in higher speeds. I normally cruise in sport mode, but quickly use normal when I see speed bumps or bad roads. And of course when wifey is in the car
Doing acceleration it feels that the car is a little quicker than with the old 19"s but Iīm sure thatīs just my imagination but the feeling is good.

They still look good to the eye, but I wish they were an inch wider. But hey, thatīs just me. 6 eyes on the dice from me still

I am, however, thinking of mounting some spacers to get the little extra from them but have not decided yet...
Thanks for the feedback! While I'm sure DHP would help soften the ride on the 310Ms, I do live in an area with poorly surfaced roads and twice have had issues with bubbles on low profile tires (PS2s, which I loved). As such, I am a bit concerned that I might end up in a similar situation on 20s, so I decided to stick with the staggered 19"s. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0