View Single Post
      08-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #77
exon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i Jet Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio View Post
Lots of great suggestions here...but really BMW needs to make more items as standard equipment...especially in comparison to other manufacturers.

Standard items should be:
- Xenon headlights (with LED and Laser as upgrades...although laser may not be part of a 3 series)
- Leather (Come on, vinyl...really?)
- Full-sized screen (the small screen looks out of place and pathetic)
- Sport seats (the Ultimate Driving Machine should really have this; additionally seats similar to the X5M can be a nice upgrade)
- LED Tail lights (how these aren't already part of the 3 series is pathetic...especially considering so many competitors have it)
- Rear view camera and PDC (this is a 2016 DOC (USA) mandatory item I think)
- Satellite Radio (I mean come on...it's for 2017!)
- Comfort Access (this is the biggest BS item BMW doesn't equip as standard--which comes standard on a freaking Hyundai!)

Beyond these items I get that packages cost money and people need to pay to play...but these items are befitting as standard for vehicles and especially BMWs nowadays.
Agree to most items, but I actually want a cloth seat option... The standard BMW leather is mediocre: hard, slippery, non-breathing. BMW's Vinyl is acutally more grippy. Cloth seat will be so much more breathable and softer. And not burn/freeze the butt in summer/winter.

I don't mind BMW jack up the MRSP for these options to be standard, as it is damn hard to find one on dealer lot right now to have all these "luxury basics". In my area the cars are either premium + cold weather package or fully loaded with crazy msrp but still missing dynamic handling package...
Appreciate 0