07-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
I liked the raised driving position mostly and only real problem was the complete lack of steering feel. I could not feel the tyres at all, truly awful IMO and given they are the most important safety aid after the driver, I was not impressed.
Completely agree - anyone moving from a previous BMW will notice the X3 has lost the traditional BMW "premium drive experience", both in lack of steering feel which is quite vague and also throttle response, at least when in the standard 'comfort' mode. In order to have any real feel you have to shift to sport mode and that brings a fuel consumption penalty; at 80mph, switching to 'sport' takes revs up 25% from 2,000 to 2,500. Sure its still a 'nice' car and probably for anyone not familar with previous BMWs, its a good comfy drive, but the real enthusiast will notice its short comings. As posted previously, its been a bit of a disappointment for me, and am still trying to work out how to compensate. http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711582
Appreciate 0