Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_Impreza View Post
We ordered my wife's Alpine White X3 35i with Premium, Convenience and Oyster on 8/9. Picked it up on Saturday, 9/3. I haven't seen my wife since leaving the dealer's lot. I think she likes the car, I hope.
Wow, thats very quick. I guess that the dealer altered an X3 that was about to go into production because that's a very fast turnaround time. I think that those 7-8 weeks between the time I order and pickup should be fine. It really doesn't even matter if it would come in earlier because I'm not going back to winnipeg until the 24th of November. I have a very good relationship with the dealer so I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to alter a current allocation vs sticking me at the back of the line.

Also, after much consideration I believe that I will go ahead with the dynamic handling package. It just seems stupid that they would just include that in the M-sport. But I figure I'm only going to be ordering the car once, I might as well get it exactly the way I want. Over 4 years its an extra $30 per month basically.

I know that I'll be getting 3.0% interest through my bank (which I also have a very good relationship with) so I'm going to go that route instead of financing with BMWFS.

Thank you everybody for your amazing input! I'll let you know when I order. But it will be Deep sea blue 35i, with Havana leather, and all options except HUD. I'm very excited, and I can't stop thinking about it even though I haven't even ordered it yet!

One last question about break-in. When I get it on the 24th of November, I'm going to have a 500 mile trip on the why with it right away. Basically what should I avoid in those 500 miles so that I don't ruin my new car? Just alter speeds and don't exceed 100 mph? For instance if I pull over for a break every hour would that be ok do you think?
Appreciate 0