10-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
TreeSkier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisCAN View Post
Ok, here is my story about the software upgrade which supposed to upgrade the gear box.

Did you guys have the adaptive drive option (or whatever it's called) on your car prior to software upgrade? If not, your Sport Mode is just a dummy entry in the car.

Do you still feel difference in throttle response several months after the software upgrade, or the car went back to the factory default.

Do you feel any significant change to steering wheel feel or suspension by playing with the Sport Mode, assuming you don't have the Adaptive Drive option?
I have a 2011 35i without the Performance Control option i.e. no sport mode button, and did get the sport mode options in iDrive after the software update but the settings don’t have any effect on the car at all.

The steering at higher speeds is actually a little looser after the software update I was told by the shop foreman as there were complaints about the steering being a little too touchy for some drivers. I can’t say for sure, but after being told this I do wish the steering was a little tighter at higher speeds and without performance control the other way to get this is to disable DSC with I don’t really care to do when driving normally.

After 6,000 miles, I have noticed that the throttle response is not as smooth as it was when I got the update installed. This is apparently do to adaptive learning feature of the transmission. I read another post that said driving the car hard after the adaptive learning is reset will help keep the throttle lag at stop/low speed to a minimum. I don’t normally drive the car that hard and frequently drive in slower traffic to and from work so I don’t get much chance to push the car hard plus it’s really hurts that gas mileage.
Appreciate 0