mspringer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i M-Sport/DHP

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
In my view the most important attribute of the DHP is that it provides a better ride than the stock suspension over less than pristine roads. I have a 2011 35i and this point was made clear when my car was in for some work and I was given a new X3 28i with stock suspension as a loaner. The DHP is more compliant and takes the harshness out of small cracks, breaks, and imperfections in the pavement, and make potholes (which you can't avoid ) a little less jarring. The cost is a little added float but since the suspension is dynamic when pushed hard in normal will handle at least as well as the stock suspension. And of course, there is still sport mode.

Although I bought the DHP for the sport mode I spend 90+% of the time in normal, and would buy it again for the better ride alone. This all depends on the condition of the roads you drive. Lest anyone think I'm a closet Toyota owner ( ) my other car, which I love, is an E46M3, about as a hard riding, least compliant car BMW has sold in the US.
Appreciate 0