Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmachine View Post
AFter way too many hours on this board asking many questions I finally ordered my X3 today. Took 3 days of negotiations - all over phone and using the Amex site as the benchmark, I was able to secure a deal from a dealer 20 minutes from my house. (West Springfield BMW in Massachusetts).

X35

Premium pack
Technology pack
Cold Weather pack
Conven. pack
Upgraded Stereo
Sat Radio

Colors: Deep Sea Blue with the always changing and ever-mysterious Chestnut interior. Unsure of what wood but I do like the lighter wood and may go with the Siena.

My only debate right now is whether to change up the cold weather and conv packages and add a few items a la carte (heated seats, wheel and power tailgate) and add Sports Package but I am just so unsure about the seats.

I only got to spend a few minutes on test drive in a different state in the sports seats and my dealer does not have a car with sports seats to test...

Should have it by the end of Feb or March.

well i can tell you the upgraded stereo is very much worth the money
it's almost as good as the one i have in my M3, and that is using a lot of aftermarket stuff (amp, speakers, subs) and that cost me a lot more than $875

Sat radio i don't use a lot, keep in mind you have HD radio as standard which unless you are looking for specific talk shows that are only on sat radio, does the job when it comes to Music.

conv package didn't make sense to me, because the only thing i needed was the power tailgate, so i just paid $500 for that
but looking back now, after i have my car, comf access is nice because right now i can just unlock the car, get in, press start and i'm off
i don't need to touch the key, ONCE i am in the car
if i had comf access, i would not have to touch the key period.

don't forget to order smartphone integration, which is $150 as there is supposed to be an upgrade we can install on our cars which will allow streaming from pandora through the phone, twitter access etc.
even if you don't want it, for $150 i'd rather get it as i see this being an important option in the coming years (much like nav is now) when it's time to sell your car

also at least with our dealer, the time frame he gave us was not correct
we ordered on 3rd of jan, he promised delivery by mid feb
we got the car on 28th of jan (would have been 27th except we had a snow storm and the dealer closed early)
so i think they have a margin of error when they tell you a date, so you don't get disappointed
Appreciate 0