09-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #12
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoXS View Post
Wow! I have to disagree with the Lexus nav system being better than the system in my 2011 X3. No way, no how.

I have a 2009 Lexus RX350 and the system sucks, really sucks. For starters Toyota locks you out of the system as soon as the car gets under way so it cannot be used to find rest stops, restaurants, hotels, etc. unless you come to a full stop. For those of you that are about to state that one should not be doing this when driving I completely agree except that does not explain why my wife in the passanger seat cannot do this. I have a $2,400 Nav option that I supplement with a generally much more useful $200 Garmin Nuvi.

The Lexus resolution is to coarse and it is necessary to zoom so far in to see street details the overall perspective of the area is lost. The touch screen is no where near as friendly as the iDrive controller although the learning curve to fully take advantage of all the idrive features is much steeper. I hate the damn thing and the fact that all Toyota Nav systems locks the user out when underway is a definite no-go on purchasing any future Toyota product (the fact that the bouncy top heavy RX350 handles like a 1959 Buick also has a lot to do with that).

Lexus does indeed have a few nice features like showing details of the next four or so exits and a readily visible compass in the mirror but this does not compensate for an overall terrible system.

Sorry but there is no way I can see how 2006 Lexus SC 430 Nav system is better than the BMW system.
I have to agree! Lexus Navi is pretty bad because its not user friendly or intuitive. But, at least its accurate, which I cant say for the BMW.
Appreciate 0