10-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #35
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman50 View Post
I was thinking of having it done at the dealer. Is that a waste of money? Not sure what they use or charge. It seems that it's the safest as far as not getting any chips on the front before the shield is applied but maybe they don't have the most experienced person doing it also. Too bad they don't do that right at Spartanburg. There must be some timeframe that the paint needs to cure before applying it though.
Does your dealer offer this service? My dealer does, but they use a local installer (who happens to be my installer, that they discovered after he did such a great job on my E90 year ago). You might be better off getting a direct quote from the installer, since the dealer will want to make a few bucks on the deal. My advice is that if and when possible, you should have it done as soon as you can. Factory baked paint will not be affected by applying the film, so there is no reason to wait because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul386 View Post
I have already been driving my car since May and it has a few marks from road debris. Can I still get the film installed?
You can, and it will certainly prevent further damage. But sometimes the film will actually accentuate any existing chips or marks... it might be worth doing some touch-up on them first.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0